Hare Point walking track
Jervis Bay National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Hare Point walking track.
Grade 5Learn more about the grading system Features of this track
2hrs 30min - 3hrs
Quality of markings
No directional signage
Quality of path
Formed track, some obstacles
Some bushwalking experience recommended
Getting there and parking
Get driving directions
Hare Point walking track is in the northern precinct of Jervis Bay National Park. To get there:
- Travel south through Nowra on Princes Highway
- Turn left off Princes Highway at Forest Road - follow the signs to Currarong.
- Continue in a generally easterly direction. Once you’re on Currarong Road, travel approximately 2.5km before taking the dirt road on your right.
- Follow this dirt road for approximately 2.3km to the picnic area and trackhead
Park entry points
- Currawong Road access See on map
Parking is available at Red Point picnic area, where the trackhead is located.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you Jervis Bay National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
Take advantage of spring weather and head to Hyams Beach. You can pick up some fish and chips from the nearby Hyams Beach Café to enjoy on the white sands of this iconic south coast beach. If you're feeling energetic after lunch, walk the easy Hyams Beach trail.
Swim, surf, snorkel and dive your way through the summer school holidays in this beach paradise.
Humpback whales can be spotted migrating northwards in the winter months. Keep an eye out for southern right whales and dolphins too. They're often seen around the park's coastline.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
17°C and 24°C
10°C and 17°C
April, May and June
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
You will need to bring your own drinking and cooking water
Maps and downloads
A current NSW recreational fishing licence is required when fishing in all waters.
Camp fires and solid fuel burners
Fires are prohibited. Please use gas or fuel stoves.
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.
- Nowra office
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 4pm.
- 02 4428 6300
- 104 Flatrock Road, West Nowra NSW 2541