Gulpa Creek walk
Murray Valley National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Gulpa Creek walk.
Grade 3Learn more about the grading system Features of this track
1hr - 1hr 30min
Quality of markings
Quality of path
Formed track, some obstacles
No experience required
Getting there and parking
Get driving directions
Gulpa Creek walk is in the Gulpa Island precinct of Murray Valley National Park. To get there:
- From Mathoura, head to Crane’s Bridge at the northern end of town.
- Cross Crane’s Bridge and turn right to follow the walking track along Gulpa Creek
- After 1.1km, you can turn onto Liston Bridge to return to Mathoura or walk on along the track creek for another 2.5km.
- At the end of the track, you can cross a wooden bridge to stroll along Poley’s loop for a further 1.5km. If you’re leaving the track at Poley’s loop, turn west along Picnic Point Road and right onto Cobb Highway to return to Mathoura.
Park entry points
Parking is available at Crane's Bridge, at the start of Gulpa Creek walk, or at Poley’s bridge if you feel like walking from the other end.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Murray Valley National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
The perfect time for a camping holiday: the days are cooler and the nights are not yet too chilly.
If it's been a wet winter white ibis and straw necked ibis will be nesting from late winter through to spring.
A great time for water activities on the Murray - swimming in the river is a delightful way to spend your time.
The morning light sparkles on the river; try your hand at fishing for Murray cray.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
12°C and 32°C
3°C and 17°C
August to October
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - hard
- Wheelchairs can access this area with some difficulty
A current NSW recreational fishing licence is required when fishing in all waters.
You can walk your dog at this location. See other regional parks in NSW that have dog walking areas.
You can walk your dog in Murray Valley Regional Park, including Gulpa Creek walk, however dogs are not permitted in Murray Valley National Park. Please take note of any dog restrictions when you're in the regional park.
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.
- Moama office
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 4pm. Closed 12pm to 1pm.
- 03 5483 9100
- Factory 5, Lot 8 Bowlan Road, Moama NSW 2731