Grasslands Nature trail
Mungo National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Grasslands Nature trail.
Grade 2Learn more about the grading system Features of this track
15 - 45min
Quality of markings
Clearly sign posted
Quality of path
No experience required
Getting there and parking
Grasslands Nature trail starts at Main campground in the south western precinct of Mungo National Park. To get there:
- From Sturt Highway, take Silver City Highway south of Mildura.
- Turn right into Arumpo Road and follow to the end
- Main campground is on the right shortly before the T-intersection
Parking is available at Main campground.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
15°C and 34°C
3°C and 20°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - easy
- From Main campground, a flat, hard dirt track leads through the grasslands and woodland. The track is suitable for wheelchairs, prams, and visitors with limited mobility.
- Sheltered picnic tables are available at the campground, which provide rest stops before or after the walk.
Easy access is free of obstacles such as steps, rough terrain or significant slopes, and may have ramps or boardwalks.
Flying drones in Mungo National Park is not permitted unless you've received written agreement from the Park Office before your visit. Please note that a consent to fly a drone in this park is only permitted in exceptional circumstances with endorsement from the traditional owners. Read more about the Drones in Parks policy and the process to apply for consent.
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.
- Buronga office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 03 5021 8900
- 4 Melaleuca Street, Buronga NSW 2739
- in Mungo National Park in the Murray-Riverina region
Mungo National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day. Fees are payable through self-registration envelopes outside Mungo Visitor Centre. Different fees apply for commercial tour operators and vehicles with 8 seats or more.Buy annual pass