Grass Tree circuit
Dharug National Park
Suitable for the whole family, the easy Grass Tree circuit follows a level path through forest teeming with birdlife.
- Dharug National Park
- 1.6km loop
- Time suggested
- 30min - 1hr
- Grade 3
- Opening times
Grass Tree circuit is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
- What to
- Hat, sunscreen
- Please note
- The weather in this area can be extreme and unpredictable, so please ensure you’re well-prepared for your visit.
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to bird watch
Pack a picnic and get the family together for a great day out exploring Dharug National Park along Grass Tree circuit. This easy, undulating walking track starts near Mill Creek picnic area and meanders through rainforest and grass tree forest. It’s a family-friendly bushwalking option near the Hawkesbury.
Look up into the trees for cackling kookaburras, tiny fairy wrens and honeyeaters. This is also home to the shy lyrebird, although you’ll have to be quiet or you’ll scare them into the undergrowth. There’s also a chance you’ll see a goanna or two, sunning themselves on nearby rocks.
If you’ve worked up an appetite, there are plenty of spots to spread out a blanket, spark up the barbecue or enjoy a leisurely picnic.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Bulga office
- Monday to Friday, 9.30am to 4pm.
- 02 6574 5555
- 2156 Putty Road, Bulga NSW 2330
- in Dharug National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Dharug National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.