Mill Creek picnic area
Dharug National Park
Enjoy a family picnic at Mill Creek picnic area in Dharug National Park. There’s plenty of space for a barbecue, plus there’s easy access to walking and bike tracks.
- Picnic areas
- 174 Mill Creek Road, Gunderman, NSW, 2775 - in Dharug National Park in Sydney and surrounds
This lovely grassy picnic area is the perfect place to stop to enjoy the peace and beauty of Dharug National Park.
Set up your picnic at one of the tables, there are wood barbecues available at the adjacent campground if you’d like to cook. When you’ve polished off a tasty feast, stretch out under the canopy and listen to the bellbirds and kookaburras while the kids have a run around or if you’re feeling energetic, set off on the Grass Tree circuit. If you’re interested in Australian history, set off on foot or on your bike along the Devines Hill loop to explore the World Heritage-listed convict-built Old Great North Road.
Subscribe to Naturescapes
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Bulga office
- Monday to Friday, 9.30am to 4pm.
- 02 6574 5555
- 2156 Putty Road, Bulga NSW 2330
- in Dharug National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Dharug National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Things to do (22)
- Aboriginal culture (1)
- Adventure sports (1)
- Birdwatching and wildlife encounters (6)
- Canoeing/paddling (1)
- Cultural heritage (1)
- Cycling (7)
- Environmental appreciation/study (1)
- Historic heritage (7)
- Horse riding (4)
- Picnics and barbecues (1)
- Sightseeing (5)
- Walking (16)
- Wildflowers (seasonal) (3)