Governor Summit (Corrunbral Borawah) walking track
Mount Kaputar National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Governor Summit (Corrunbral Borawah) walking track.
Grade 4Learn more about the grading system Features of this track
45min - 1hr
Quality of markings
Clearly sign posted
Quality of path
Formed track, some obstacles
Some bushwalking experience recommended
Getting there and parking
Get driving directions
Governor Summit walking track is in the Kaputar plateau precinct of Mount Kaputar National Park. To get there:
- From Narrabri take Old Gunnedah Road south
- After about 2.5km turn left onto Kaputar Road
- Follow Kaputar Road for 27km to Mount Kaputar National Park entrance.
- From the park entrance drive for 17km to the turn-off for Governor lookout walking track, on your left. This is a steep, single lane road (not suitable for caravans).
Park entry points
- The Governor carpark See on map
Parking is available at the carpark, including one designated disabled spot.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Mount Kaputar National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
This is one of the best times of year to visit the park, with ideal temperatures for bush walking, cycling and camping.
A beautiful time of year to enjoy the abundant wildflowers and birds.
Escape the heat of the plains by heading up into the park.
Experience the mist surrounding the high plateau area and enjoy the beauty of the occasional blanketing of snow. Be prepared for the temperatures about 10°C cooler than in the nearby town of Narrabri.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
21°C and 35°C
7°C and 18°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
Maps and downloads
- Narrabri office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6792 7300
- Level 1, 100 Maitland Street, Narrabri NSW 2390. Accessible via Dewhurst Street.