Googik Heritage walking track
Lake Innes Nature Reserve
All the practical information you need to know about Googik Heritage walking track.
Grade 3Learn more about the grading system Features of this track
30min - 1hr
Quality of markings
Clearly sign posted
Quality of path
Formed track, some obstacles
No experience required
Getting there and parking
Get driving directions
Googik Heritage walking track is in the northern precinct of Lake Innes Nature Reserve. To get there:
- From Port Macquarie CBD, follow Lake Road for approximately 3km.
- The track starts on the left just before Chestnut Road
Alternatively, if beginning from St Columba Anglican School:
- From Port Macquarie CBD, head west on Gordon Street then continue on Oxley Highway.
- Turn left at the roundabout onto John Oxley Drive
- Turn left on Major Innes Drive
- Turn left into Braeroy Drive and then left again into Kyla Crescent
- The track starts on the left after approximately 150m
Park entry points
- Kyla Crescent, Port Macquarie See on map
Parking is available in the surrounding streets at both ends of the walking track.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Lake Innes Nature Reserve. Here are some of the highlights.
Go birdwatching or enjoy wildlife-spotting around the lake and fire trails.
Enjoy cycling or hiking along Googik heritage walk or get out on the water canoeing, kayaking or fishing.
Cool down when the weather is hot by swimming on lovely Lake Innes or enjoying a relaxed picnic by the lakeside. Take in the gorgeous displays of Christmas bell in bloom along the Christmas Bell Plains.
Take a guided tour of Innes Ruins and learn about the area's intriguing history.
Drinking water is not available in this area, so it’s a good idea to bring your own.
Maps and downloads
- Port Macquarie office
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6588 5555 for general enquiries only, no bookings.
- 22 Blackbutt Road, Port Macquarie NSW 2444