Goodenia Rainforest walking track
South East Forests National Park
If you’re birdwatching or walking with children, try the Goodenia Rainforest walking track. This short nature walk is located near Merimbula on NSW’s far south coast.
- South East Forests National Park
- 1.2km loop
- Time suggested
- 20 - 40min
- Grade 4
- Please note
- It’s a good idea to put sunscreen on before you set out and remember to take a hat and plenty of drinking water
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to bird watch
Set out on the Goodenia Rainforest walk and discover a magnificent stand of cool temperate rainforest that is unique in this part of NSW.
An excellent track for walking with children, the 1.2km nature walk leads down into a lush gully of ferns and understorey species. Enjoy the shade provided by the dense lilly pilly canopy and keep an eye out for moss-covered rocks, vines and quirky-looking beetles as you explore.
As you walk, listen out for the wonderful stream of mimicked calls performed by the superb lyrebird or the whip-crack song of the eastern whipbird.
The walk starts at Goodenia Rainforest picnic area, so if you have time before or after the walk you could stop for a picnic or barbecue lunch.
Using Google Street View Trekker, we've captured imagery across a range of NSW national parks and attractions. Get a bird's eye view of these incredible landscapes before setting off on your own adventure.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- 02 9585 6831
- in South East Forests National Park in the South Coast and Snowy Mountains regions
South East Forests National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.