George Boyd Rainforest walking track
Morton National Park
George Boyd Rainforest walking track, in South Coast NSW, is a short walk through Morton National Park with scenic Shoalhaven views and birdwatching opportunities.
- Morton National Park
- 1km return
- Time suggested
- 15 - 45min
- Grade 4
- Entry fees
Park entry fees apply at Fitzroy Falls and in the Bundanoon area of the park
- Opening times
- George Boyd Rainforest walking track is always open, but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
- Please note
- Check the weather before you set out as the road to George Boyd walking track can become boggy when it rains
- There's limited mobile reception in this park
Offering a short walk through some of South Coast NSW’s most delightful bushland, George Boyd Rainforest walking track leads you beneath towering cliffs of sandstone.
Begin this sun-dappled track at George Boyd picnic area, then climb the steps and wind your way along the base of looming sandstone walls, stopping to gaze at the mighty coachwood trees along the way.
See if you can spot any wildlife as you meander through the verdant rainforest and towering turpentines. Looking carefully, you might see anything from wallabies and echidnas to lyrebirds and cat birds in this part of Morton National Park, so remember to bring your camera as well as your binoculars if you’re keen on some birdwatching.
At the end of the track, simply scale a short ladder to enjoy unrestricted views of the beautiful Shoalhaven coastline. Return via the loop walk to the picnic area and, if you’ve planned ahead, to a tasty picnic lunch.
Using Google Street View Trekker, we've captured imagery across a range of NSW national parks and attractions. Get a bird's eye view of these incredible landscapes before setting off on your own adventure.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Ulladulla office
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 4pm.
- 02 4454 9500
- Lot 9 Blackburn Industrial Estate, 6 Coller Road Ulladulla NSW 2539
- in Morton National Park in the South Coast and Country NSW regions
Morton National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Parts of the south-eastern area of this park were once used for military training and may contain unexploded artillery shells. These areas have restrictions in place for your safety.
Park entry fees:
Fitzroy Falls: $4 per vehicle per day. Bundanoon area: $8 per vehicle per day. The park has coin-operated pay and display machines - please bring correct coins.Buy annual pass