Yuraygir National Park
The Clarence Coast’s Freshwater track is a captivating short walk. Starting at Pebbly Beach campground near Red Rock, its highlights include swimming at Freshwater Beach.
- Yuraygir National Park
- 2km return
- Time suggested
- 45min - 1hr 15min
- Grade 4
- Entry fees
- Park entry fees apply
- What to
- Hat, sunscreen, drinking water
- Please note
- Please be aware of access restrictions to Pebbly Beach campground. Check water depth at Barcoongere Way crossing, and ensure your vehicle is ready for sand driving and water crossing.
- 4WD required at McPhillips Road through gravel crossing. Not suitable for low clearance vehicles.
Discover one of the Clarence Coast’s best-kept secrets on the Freshwater track. Starting at the northern end of Pebbly Beach campground, this short track leads you to a beautiful and remote beach.
Positioned on the park’s southern coastline, the Freshwater track forms part of the Yuraygir coastal walk’s Wooli to Red Rock section.
You’ll wander through coastal heathland and pass craggy rocks before arriving at the exquisitely isolated Freshwater Beach. Have you ever seen a wilder, more magnificent beach in your life? Walk along the beach and dip your toes in along the way, it’s also a good spot for a picnic lunch. Stay as long as you like before heading back to the track for the return walk. Remember to take your binoculars if you want to whale watch.
Using Google Street View Trekker, we've captured imagery across a range of NSW national parks and attractions. Get a bird's eye view of these incredible landscapes before setting off on your own adventure.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Grafton office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6641 1500
- Level 4, 49 Victoria Street, Grafton NSW 2460
- in Yuraygir National Park in the North Coast region
Yuraygir National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day. The park has self registration stands with envelopes - please bring correct change.Buy annual pass