Four Mile Hut walk
Selwyn area in Kosciuszko National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Four Mile Hut walk.
Grade 3Learn more about the grading system Features of this track
3hrs 30min - 4hrs 30min
Quality of markings
Quality of path
Formed track, some obstacles
Some bushwalking experience recommended
Getting there and parking
Four Mile Hut walk is located near Selwyn Snowfields Ski Resort in the northern precinct of Kosciuszko National Park.
To get there from Tumut (95km):
- Drive south along the Snowy Mountains Highway
- Turn right on to Link Road at the Selwyn Snowfields turn-off
- Turn left on to Kings Cross Road and follow the signage to the Selwyn Snowfields Ski Resort
To get there from Adaminaby via Kiandra (45km):
- Drive west along Snowy Mountains Highway
- Soon after passing through historic Kiandra, take the left turn-off on to Link Road towards Selwyn Snowfields
- Turn left on to Kings Cross Road and follow the signage to the Selwyn Snowfields Ski Resort carpark
- It's recommended that all vehicles carry snow chains from the June to October long weekends. Read our snow driving in Kosciuszko tips.
Parking is available at Selwyn Snowfields Ski Resort, including several designated disabled spots. Bus parking is available.
Non-flush toilet located at Four Mile Hut.
Drinking water is limited or not available in this area, so it’s a good idea to bring your own.
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - no wheelchair access
Flying a drone for recreational purposes is prohibited in this area. Drones may affect public enjoyment, safety and privacy, interfere with park operations, or pose a threat to wildlife. See the Drones in Parks policy.
This area may be a declared Drone Exclusion Zone, or may be subject to Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) rules for flying near airports, aerodromes and helicopter landing sites. See CASA's Drone Flyer Rules.
Commercial filming and photography
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.
- Tumut Region Visitor Centre
- 9am to 5pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 6947 7025
- The Old Butter Factory, 5 Adelong Road, Tumut NSW 2720
- in the Selwyn area of Kosciuszko National Park in the Snowy Mountains region
The Selwyn area is open all year, but some roads and trails may close due to weather conditions or park management issues. Kings Cross Road and the Khancoban-Cabramurra Road are closed in winter (June to October long weekends). Some campgrounds in the Selwyn area close in winter.
Park entry fees apply in winter on Link Road
June to October long weekends: $29 per vehicle per day (24hrs from purchase); motorcycles $12; bus passengers $11.45 per adult, $3.60 per child per day (24hrs).Buy annual pass