Flannel Flower walking track
Bouddi National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Flannel Flower walking track.
Grade 3Learn more about the grading system Features of this track
45min - 1hr 15min
Quality of markings
Clearly sign posted
Short steep hills
Quality of path
Formed track, some obstacles
No experience required
Getting there and parking
Get driving directions
Flannel Flower walking track begins at the locked gate at the end of Hawke Head Drive in the Tallow Beach precinct of Bouddi National Park.
To get there from Gosford:
- Follow Central Coast Highway towards Erina
- Turn right onto Avoca Drive and continue through Kincumber
- Turn right at Empire Bay Drive
- Turn left onto Wards Hill Road
- Turn right onto The Scenic Road
- Turn left onto Nukara Avenue, then take the second left to Hawke Head Drive.
- 4WD vehicles are recommended. Some road conditions may apply.
Parking is available on Hawke Head Drive.
Best times to visit
Take the Bouddi Coastal walk to be amazed by the colourful wildflowers on display in spring.
Cool off with a dip at one the park's gorgeous beaches or try snorkelling at Maitland Bay Surf the popular coastline between MacMasters Beach and Box Head .
Grab the camera and spot humpback whales as they migrate north between May and July.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
20°C and 26°C
9°C and 17°C
January to March
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
Maps and downloads
- in Bouddi National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Bouddi National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day only in the Putty Beach area. The park has coin-operated pay and display machines - please bring correct coins.Buy annual pass