Finchley cultural walk
Yengo National Park
Fire affected area
Some areas of this park were affected by fire in 2019/2020. You’ll notice some changes to the landscape, as well as signs of recovery. Some areas may remain closed for longer to allow habitat to recover or because we’re repairing park infrastructure. Stay safe with these after-fire tips for visitors.
An astonishing wealth of ancient Aboriginal rock art, as well as great insights into Aboriginal history, draws visitors to the Finchley cultural walk.
- Yengo National Park
- 1km return
- Time suggested
- 15 - 45min
- Grade 3
- What to
- Hat, sunscreen, drinking water
- Please note
- The weather in this area can be extreme and unpredictable, so please ensure you’re well-prepared for your visit.
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to birdwatch
An easy walk that can be enjoyed by pretty much everyone, the Finchley cultural walk gives people a real understanding and respect for one of the best Aboriginal sites in Australia, the Finchley Aboriginal engravings.
It’s a short walk with informative signs along the way giving insight into the Aboriginal culture of the area.
Come in spring or autumn when conditions are ideal in this lush bushland setting. When the sun is out, you’ll see heaps of goannas, and, in spring, the red and yellow grevilleas and cream and yellow geebungs add gorgeous colour to what is already a stunning landscape.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Bulga office
- Monday to Friday, 9.30am to 4pm.
- 02 6574 5555
- 2156 Putty Road, Bulga NSW 2330
- in Yengo National Park in the Sydney and surrounds and North Coast regions
Yengo National Park is always open, but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
The Big Yango precinct of the park is within locked gates and requires a permit to enter.