Falcorostrum loop walking track
Border Ranges National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Falcorostrum loop walking track.
Features of this track
15 - 30min
Quality of markings
Clearly sign posted
No experience required
Quality of path
Formed track, some obstacles
Getting there and parking
Falcorostrum loop walking track is in the eastern precinct of Border Ranges National Park. To get there:
- Travel southwest on Kyogle Road to Lillian Rock then turn right onto Williams Road
- Travel along Williams Road for 2.5km then Creegans Road for 6km until you reach the park boundary
- From the boundary continue 7.5km along Tweed Range Scenic Drive to Bar Mountain picnic area
- Travel north along Summerland Way for 14km until you reach Wiangaree
- Turn right at Wiangaree into Lynches Creek Road and travel east for 12km to Forest Road
- Turn right into Forest Road and continue 4.5km to the park boundary
- From the boundary continue on Tweed Range Scenic Drive for 25km to Bar Mountain picnic area
Parking is available at Bar Mountain picnic area and access to the trailhead is nearby.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Border Ranges National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
A picnic at Border Loop lookout and picnic area is a must during autumn. It's also a popular spot to see the historic Border Loop railway line.
The perfect time to get away from it all on a family camping trip. Sheepstation Creek campground is a great base for exploring Border Ranges National Park.
Watching the sunrise from Pinnacle lookout offers the best views of the crater escarpment, Wollumbin-Mount Warning and the coast. You're bound to find it a breathtaking experience.
Take in the park's scenery from the comfort of your car or motor home as you drive along the Tweed Range Scenic drive. Be sure to take some breaks along the way though – you don't want to miss the views.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
18°C and 30°C
8°C and 22°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
Toilets and picnic tables are located at Bar Mountain picnic area, where this walk begins. You're encouraged to bring gas or fuel stoves, especially in summer during the fire season.
Maps and downloads
- Kyogle office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6632 0000
- 136 Summerland Way, Kyogle NSW 2474
- in Border Ranges National Park in the North Coast region
Border Ranges National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day. The park uses a self-registration fee collection system at entry. Please bring the correct change and display your receipt.Buy annual pass