Fairfax Heritage walking track
Blackheath area in Blue Mountains National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Fairfax Heritage walking track.
Grade 1Learn more about the grading system Features of this track
30 - 45min
Quality of markings
Clearly sign posted
Quality of path
No experience required
Getting there and parking
Fairfax Heritage walking track starts from the Blue Mountains Heritage Centre carpark or Govetts Leap lookout, in the Blackheath area of Blue Mountains National Park.
To get there:
- Turn off the Great Western Highway at the traffic lights in Blackheath, into Govetts Leap Road.
- Drive for 2.5km. After passing through the park entrance, take the second exit from the roundabout for the heritage centre carpark.
- Or, take the third exit on the roundabout and continue to Govetts Leap lookout carpark, where you can access the lower end of the track.
- Sealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
Parking is available at Blue Mountains Heritage Centre, including several designated disabled spots. Bus parking is available. You can also park at Govetts Leap lookout.
Toilets are located at Blue Mountains Heritage Centre
Picnic facilities are available at Govetts Leap lookout
There is a kiosk are located at Blue Mountains Heritage Centre
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - easy
- The sealed track is flat with some gentle slopes, and is suitable for wheelchairs, prams and visitors with limited mobility.
- Seats are provided at intervals along the track to provide rest stops.
- There's a ramp from the carpark to the Blue Mountains Heritage Centre, where the walk starts.
- Wheelchair-accessible toilets are available at the heritage centre.
Easy access is free of obstacles such as steps, rough terrain or significant slopes, and may have ramps or boardwalks.
- Blue Mountains Heritage Centre and Blackheath office
- 9am to 4.30pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 4787 8877
- End of Govetts Leap Road, Blackheath NSW 2785
- in the Blackheath area of Blue Mountains National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Blackheath area is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.