Guy Fawkes River National Park
Escarpment walk in Guy Fawkes River National Park is a forest walk that takes hikers past Chaelundi Falls and Lucifers Thumb, all the way to Spring Gully picnic area.
- Guy Fawkes River National Park in North Coast, Country NSW
- 13km loop
- Time suggested
- 5 - 7hrs
- Grade 4
- What to
- Drinking water, hat, suitable clothing, sunscreen
- Please note
- From the start of Escarpment walk, Chaelundi Falls is 500m, Lucifers Thumb is 2km, and Spring Gully picnic area is 8km.
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to birdwatch
Follow the lovely Escarpment walk to Chaelundi Falls for amazing views of the falls tumbling down into the valley. A bit further along the track, you’ll come to Lucifer’s Thumb, a finger of rock that spreads out into the gorge. Take a seat and enjoy breathtaking 180-degrees views out over the park and Guy Fawkes River.
The walk to the waterfall is a fairly level, easy walk for young children, with a spectacular reward at its end. If you want to walk further, you can head all the way to the Spring Gully picnic area, 8km from the campground.
Along the way, keep your eyes peeled for endangered brush-tailed rock-wallabies and jacky lizards sunning themselves on the rocks, as well as the peregrine falcon, the fastest bird in the world.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Glen Innes office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6739 0700
- 68 Church Street, Glen Innes NSW 2370
- in Guy Fawkes River National Park in the North Coast and Country NSW regions
Guy Fawkes River National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.