Dharawal Resting Place track
La Perouse area in Kamay Botany Bay National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Dharawal Resting Place track.
Grade 3Learn more about the grading system Features of this track
Quality of markings
Clearly sign posted
No experience required
Quality of path
Formed track, some obstacles
Getting there and parking
Dharawal Resting Place track is in the La Perouse area of Kamay Botany National Park. To get there from Sydney city:
- Drive south along Anzac Parade to La Perouse
- Turn left at the park boundary on to Henry Head Lane, towards the golf course
- Turn left onto Cape Banks Road and follow 1km to the junction with Cemetery trail, where there’s limited parking.
- You can also continue around 350m along Cape Banks Road to the carpark at the helicopter base.
- Sealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
- Limited parking is available in designated areas along Cape Banks Road, including at the entry to Cemetery trail.
- You can also park at the helicopter base at the end of Cape Banks Road, then walk 350m back down the road to Cemetery trail.
- You can cycle to La Perouse via Anzac Parade. Then take Henry Head Lane and Cape Banks Road.
- You’ll need to lock and leave your bike at the designated parking areas along Cape Banks Road and walk to the start of this walking track.
By public transport
Take bus L94 or 394 to La Perouse from Circular Quay, Martin Place, or Hyde Park via Maroubra Junction.
- The nearest public toilets are available at Cann Park. There are also toilets if you’re visiting the La Perouse Museum.
- There are no bins so please take all rubbish away with you.
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - hard
Hard access is via steps or a steep slope, or you'll have to move across a rough surface with obstacles such as potholes, tree roots, and rocks. Assistance will be necessary.
Pets and domestic animals (other than certified assistance animals) are not permitted. Find out which regional parks allow dog walking and see the pets in parks policy for more information.
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.
- Nielsen Park office
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm.
- 02 9337 5511
- Greycliffe House, Nielsen Park, 6 Steele Point Road, Vaucluse NSW 2030
- in the La Perouse area of Kamay Botany Bay National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
7am–8.30pm November to March.
7am–7.30pm April to October.
La Perouse park entry gate closed to vehicles between 7pm and 5am all year.
Areas may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
There are no park entry fees in La Perouse area but you'll need to pay to tour Bare Island. Park entry fees apply in the Kurnell area of Kamay Botany Bay National Park, only.Buy annual pass
La Perouse Museum
The Old Cable Station, 1542 Anzac Parade, La Perouse NSW 2036
- 02 9093 6190