Davidson Park to Stepping Stone Crossing walk
Garigal National Park
Take a scenic walk from Davidson Park along Lyrebird track. Enjoy views of Middle Harbour Creek and continue along historic Governor Philip Walk in Garigal National Park.
- Garigal National Park
- 5.2km one-way
- Time suggested
- 2 - 3hrs
- Grade 3
- Entry fees
Park entry fees apply at Davidson Park only
- Opening times
- Davidson Park picnic area gates are open 6am – 6pm daily.
- Gates close at 8pm during daylight savings.
- What to
- Drinking water, hat, sunscreen
- Please note
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to birdwatch
- Park use fee applies to vehicle entry to Davidson Park picnic area
Starting along Lyrebird track at the northern end of Davidson Park picnic area and boat ramp, this walk branches off along the banks of Carroll Creek and across a stepping stone crossing just above the tidal limit, where the Governor Philip walk commences. Once a management trail for the local sand mining industry in the 1950s and 60s, Lyrebird track today offers spectacular views of Middle Harbour Creek.
This walk follows the banks of Middle Harbour Creek before linking up with Carroll Creek, then taking you past the Sydney Water Pipeline, where the creek starts to narrow and the track passes a rock bar crossing; this is Bungaroo, where the expedition camped. About 150m further on, the Stepping Stone Crossing provides access to the Bungaroo Track and uphill to Hunter Avenue, St Ives.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- 02 9585 6831
- Forestville Office
- Monday to Friday, 9.30am to 4pm.
- 02 9451 3479
- 82 Ferguson Street, Forestville NSW 2087
- in Garigal National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Garigal National Park is open 6am to 6.30pm (8pm during daylight savings) but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day applies at Davidson Park only. There are coin-operated or credit card pay and display machines. Bus: $4.40 per adult, $2.20 per child (per day).
Daily entry fee exemption for teachers and educational supervisors (1 adult per 10 children) applies only for organised and pre-arranged group bookings.Buy annual pass