Culmaran Valley track
Richmond Range National Park
Culmaran Valley track, near Kyogle, takes you through diverse World Heritage-listed rainforest ecosystems and offers scenic views from its lookouts.
- 2.5km loop
- Time suggested
- 1hr - 1hr 30min
- Grade 3
- What to
- Drinking water, hat, sunscreen
- Please note
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to birdwatch.
Starting at Cambridge Plateau picnic area, Culmaran Valley track descends steeply through towering tree trunks with broad leaves to a bridge over Culmaran Creek. This medium difficulty walk then climbs and skirts around the crest of the valley through world heritage subtropical rainforest, where 200 identified plant varieties dwell.
The scents, hues and scenery then change into the wonderful, moist, painter’s palette of subtropical rainforest; jumbled tree roots, giant vines looping across water streaked tree branches and enormous thriving rainforest trees including strangler figs and yellow carabeens.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Kyogle office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6632 0000
- 136 Summerland Way, Kyogle NSW 2474
- in Richmond Range National Park in the North Coast region
Richmond Range National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.