Culmaran loop trail
Richmond Range National Park
Culmaran loop trail is an easy walk on the rainforest edge, especially suited to families. Admire the exotic plants found in the drier parts of Richmond Range.
- Richmond Range National Park
- 0.4km loop
- Time suggested
- 15 - 30min
- Grade 2
- What to
- Drinking water, hat, sunscreen
- Please note
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to birdwatch
- Check the weather before you set out as the road to Culmaran loop trail can become boggy or slippery when it rains
- There is limited mobile reception in this park
This short easy walk along the edge of the rainforest environment is especially suited to families and older people.
Here, you’ll brush past the smooth bright trunks of enormous Sydney blue gums. Soft green bracken ferns fringe the walking track, while creamy white flowers of clematis and flowering wonga vines make for a lovely accompaniment. The soaring forest, with its many hollow limbs, provides the perfect daytime resting spot for a range of animals and birds, so be sure to bring your binoculars.
Culmaran loop trail provides a fantastic introduction to the vegetation in the drier parts of Richmond Range, and a very pretty walk in the forest.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- in Richmond Range National Park in the North Coast region
Richmond Range National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
- Kyogle office
02 6632 0000
Contact hours: Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 136 Summerland Way, Kyogle NSW 2474
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kyogle office