Connors walking track
Hat Head National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Connors walking track.
Features of this track
1 - 2hrs
Quality of markings
Clearly sign posted
Some bushwalking experience recommended
Short steep hills
Quality of path
Rough track, many obstacles
Getting there and parking
Get driving directions
Connors walking track is in the Hat Head precinct of Hat Head National Park. To get there from Pacific Highway:
- Turn into Smithtown Road, 13km north of Kempsey.
- Continue onto Main Road for 3km, then turn left into Barnard Street.
- Continue onto South West Rocks Road for approximately 4km
- Turn right into Hat Head Road for 9km, then follow the signs to The Gap carpark.
Parking is available at The Gap carpark.
Best times to visit
This park's sweeping beaches are extremely inviting during summer, but its wildlife and walking tracks make it a joy to visit all year round.
A birdwatcher's delight as the heath shrubland bursts into a kaleidoscope of wild flowers and birds come from all around, listen out for the guttural call of glossy black cockatoos.
Take a coastal bushwalk to experience wildflower displays amongst the banksias.
Spot humpback and southern right whales migrating to northern waters between May and July.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
19°C and 26°C
13°C and 20°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
Toilets and picnic facilities are located at North Gap Beach.
Maps and downloads
A current NSW recreational fishing licence is required when fishing in all waters.
- Trial Bay Gaol Visitor Centre
- 9am to 4.30pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 6566 6168
- 73 Trial Bay Gaol Road, Arakoon NSW 2431