Connors walking track
Hat Head National Park
A medium walk through coastal rainforest and healthland offering whale watching, wildflowers, scenic views, and even a blowhole on the way to secluded beaches.
- Hat Head National Park in North Coast
- 3.3km one-way
- Time suggested
- 1 - 2hrs
- Grade 5
- Entry fees
- Park entry fees apply
- What to
- Drinking water, hat, sunscreen
- Please note
- In order to restrict the spread of the invasive bitou bush, please stay on the walking tracks provided.
- You can begin Connors walking track from either The Gap carpark in the north, or Hungry Gate campground in the south.
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to birdwatch or whale watch
Tracing the rugged coastline, in northern NSW near Kempsey, this moderately challenging track offers delights all year round. Close to Hungry Gate campground in the southern section of Hat Head National Park, Connors walking track offers fantastic whale watching in autumn, brilliant wildflowers in spring, and secluded beaches in summer.
In the warmer months, you might see vibrant paper daisies and pea flowers, dotted among the gnarled banksias in the heathland. Gazing across the rocky platforms, look for the nearby blowhole which puts on a spectacular show when a southerly wind blows.
Winding through rainforest and sheltered gullies, you’ll be treated to spectacular coastal views. The track gently winds down to Connors Beach, where you can enjoy a refreshing swim in the crystal clear waves. Enjoy a seaside picnic here, or continue along the headland trail to Third Beach
Subscribe to Naturescapes
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Trial Bay Gaol Visitor Centre
- 9am to 4.30pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 6566 6168
- 73 Trial Bay Gaol Road, Arakoon NSW 2431
- in Hat Head National Park in the North Coast region
Hat Head National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day.Buy annual pass