Cliff Face track
Woko National Park
Cliff Face track provides a challenging walk through the best of Woko National Park, with dramatic scenic views towards the escarpment above.
- 3km loop
- Time suggested
- 1 - 2hrs
- Grade 4
- Trip Intention Form
It's a good idea to let someone know where you're going. Fill in a trip intention form to send important details about your trip to your emergency contact.
- What to
- Drinking water, cooking water, hat, sunscreen
- Please note
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to birdwatch
- There is no mobile phone reception in this park
- Remember to apply insect repellent before you start, particularly in warmer months and wet spells throughout the year.
Adventurous travellers visiting Woko National Park won’t want to go past this challenging alternative to Brush Turkey track, which it branches off from shortly after the trailhead. A steep 4km circuit, Cliff Face track threads through dry rainforest and pockets of subtropical rainforest, finishing up in dry sclerophyll woodlands. What makes it a really special day walk, however, is what you see along the way: climbing higher, you’re afforded scenic views of the cliff face above; rocky outcroppings are extensions of a striking escarpment.
Be sure to bring your camera as cliffs like these provide precious habitat for the threatened peregrine falcon. You might even be lucky enough to glimpse a wedge-tailed eagle cycling across the sky. Birdwatching opportunities are superb.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Gloucester office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6538 5300
- 59 Church Street, Gloucester NSW 2422
- in Woko National Park in the North Coast region
Woko National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.