Circuit walking track
Watagans National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Circuit walking track.
Grade 4Learn more about the grading system Features of this track
30min - 1hr
Quality of markings
Quality of path
No experience required
Getting there and parking
Circuit walking track is in the Boarding House Dam area of Watagans National Park. To get there:
- Take the Cessnock (Freemans Waterhole) exit off the F3
- Turn right onto Freemans Drive, Cooranbong, then turn right into Mount Faulk Road.
- Turn left into Watagans Forest Drive
- Turn right into Boarding House Dam Road
- The circuit walking track starts at the Boarding House Dam picnic area
Parking is available at the Boarding House Dam picnic area.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Watagans National Park.
Camp at Gap Creek or Bangalow campground and enjoy a campfire as the sun sets.
Cooling off at Boarding House Dam is especially popular during summer months Enjoy the moist and cool Circuit walking track .
Late winter sees the bloom of Illawara flame trees which can be seen across the valley from Gap Creek lookout Check out the views from the various lookouts, while the air is crisp and clean .
Weather, temperature and rainfall
16°C and 30°C
5°C and 16°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
Maps and downloads
- Lake Munmorah office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4pm.
- 02 4972 9000
- 1 Blue Wren Drive, Wybung NSW 2259