Careys Peak walking track
Barrington Tops National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Careys Peak walking track.
Grade 4Learn more about the grading system Features of this track
12hrs - 1 day
Quality of markings
Short steep hills
Quality of path
Some bushwalking experience recommended
Getting there and parking
Careys Peak walking track starts at Mount Barrington picnic area is in the Barrington Tops precinct of Barrington Tops National Park. To get there:
- From Gloucester take Thunderbolts Way; this road becomes Scone Road and Barrington Tops Forest Road.
- Turn left into Barrington trail at Barrington trail picnic area located on the left after passing Devils Hole
- Follow Barrington trail for approximately 15km to Mount Barrington picnic area
- Barrington trail is only open to vehicles from October 1 – May 31
Parking is available at Mount Barrington picnic area.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Barrington Tops National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
Take to the park's walking tracks to make the most of cooler and drier daytime weather.
Look out for ground orchids and other wildflowers along the Polblue Swamp walking track.
Look out for the eastern water dragon basking on rocks around the streams.
Maps and downloads
- Gloucester office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6538 5300
- 59 Church Street, Gloucester NSW 2422