Werrikimbe National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Carabeen walk.
Features of this track
Quality of markings
Clearly sign posted
Some bushwalking experience recommended
Quality of path
Formed track, some obstacles
Getting there and parking
Carabeen walk is in Werrikimbe National Park. To get there:
- Follow the Oxley Highway 55km east of Walcha or 150km west of Port Macquarie
- Turn onto Kangaroo Flat Road
- After around 19.5km, turn right onto Mooraback Road and follow for 7km to the Werrikimbe National Park entrance
- After entering the park, turn right onto Cobcroft trail and continue for 8km to Cobcroft picnic area.
- Mixture of sealed and unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles (no long vehicle access)
- All weather
Parking is available at Cobroft picnic area.
- Facilities are located at the start of the track, at Cobcroft picnic area.
- There are no bins so you'll need to take all rubbish away with you.
- Non-flush toilets
- Wood barbecues (firewood supplied)
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - no wheelchair access
- Walcha office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6777 4700
- 188W North Street, Walcha NSW 2354