Cape Banks walking track
La Perouse area in Kamay Botany Bay National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Cape Banks walking track.
Grade 3Learn more about the grading system Features of this track
Quality of markings
Quality of path
Formed track, some obstacles
Some bushwalking experience recommended
Getting there and parking
Cape Banks walking track is in the La Perouse area of Kamay Botany Bay National Park. To get there from Sydney city, drive south along Anzac Parade to La Perouse.
- Sealed roads
- 2WD vehicles (no long vehicle access)
- All weather
- Parking is available at Cann Park, near La Perouse Museum, near the walking track start point.
- You can also park near the park entry gates, on Anzac Parade, opposite Goorawahl Avenue.
By public transport
Take bus L94 or 394 to La Perouse from Circular Quay, Martin Place, or Hyde Park via Maroubra Junction.
- The nearest public toilets are available at Cann Park. There are also toilets if you’re visiting the La Perouse Museum.
- There are no bins so please take all rubbish away with you.
Maps and downloads
Fishing from a boat, the beach or by the river is a popular activity for many national park visitors. If you’re planning a day out fishing, check out these fishing safety tips.
Life jackets are mandatory for rock fishing activities within the Randwick City Council area of Sydney.
Amplified music is not permitted.
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.
- Nielsen Park office
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm.
- 02 9337 5511
- Greycliffe House, Nielsen Park, 6 Steele Point Road, Vaucluse NSW 2030
- in the La Perouse area of Kamay Botany Bay National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
7am–8.30pm November to March.
7am–7.30pm April to October.
La Perouse park entry gate closed to vehicles between 7pm and 5am all year.
Areas may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
There are no park entry fees in La Perouse area but you'll need to pay to tour Bare Island. Park entry fees apply in the Kurnell area of Kamay Botany Bay National Park, only.Buy annual pass