Byrrill Creek walking track
Mebbin National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Byrrill Creek walking track.
Grade 4Learn more about the grading system Features of this track
30 - 45min
Quality of markings
Short steep hills
Quality of path
Rough track, many obstacles
No experience required
Getting there and parking
Byrrill Creek walking track is in the Cutters Camp campground precinct of Mebbin National Park. To get there from the campground:
- Walk into the south-east section of the Cutters Camp precinct (identifiable by open-sided shelter shed).
- Locate the track entrance sign on the eastern fringe of the maintained area and proceed safely along the walking track
- Return to the campground via the same walking track
Parking is available nearby at the campground. Please note park user fees apply.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Mebbin National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
Early spring is typically the driest time of year and sunny weather prevails, so this is a great time for visiting the park and enjoying active adventures, such as mountain biking, walking and horse riding along the trails.
The park is still very pleasant on even the hottest summer days, particularly when enjoyed from a shady spot. Cool off in Byrrill Creek and enjoy a picnic under the eucalypt trees.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
22°C and 32°C
8°C and 22°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
Maps and downloads
- Firewood may not be collected from the park, so you'll need to bring your own
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.
- Murwillumbah office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6670 8600
- Level 1/135 Murwillumbah Street, Murwillumbah NSW 2484