Burrabadine walking track
Goobang National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Burrabadine walking track.
Grade 4Learn more about the grading system Features of this track
1hr 30min - 2hrs
Quality of markings
Quality of path
Rough track, many obstacles
No experience required
Getting there and parking
Burrabadine walking track is in the Wanda Wandong sector of Goobang National Park. To get there:
- Make your way to Peak Hill-Baldry Road, just south of Trewilga, following the signs to Goobang National Park.
- Follow this road for 15km then turn left into the park
- Follow Sawpit Gully fire trail for 5.5km (around several bends) until you reach the Burrabadine walking track carpark on the left.
Check the weather before you set out as the road to Burrabadine walking track may be closed following heavy rain.
Limited parking is available at Burrabadine walking track's head. Alternatively, park at Greenbah campground and walk 900m south along the Sawpit Gully fire trail to the walking track.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Goobang National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
The temperate climate makes it a good time to bushwalk on several different walking tracks or fire trails. More experienced walkers can explore the park further and head off the beaten track. Clear, crisp autumn skies mean stargazing is at its best from Wanda Wandong campground. .
Enjoy the wildflowers and flowering shrubs in full, beautiful bloom. Drive up to Caloma lookout for great views of the surrounding farming country with its mosaic of canola, cereals and pasture paddocks .
Make the most of the free gas barbecues at Wanda Wandong campground to unwind after some active park exploration.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
17°C and 33°C
7°C and 17°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
Facilities are available at Greenbah campground.
Maps and downloads
- Bathurst office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6332 7640
- 02 6332 7680 To contact the KARST Conservation Unit in this office.
- Level 2, 203-209 Russell Street, Bathurst NSW 2795