Browns Forest loop trail
Dalrymple-Hay Nature Reserve
All the practical information you need to know about Browns Forest loop trail.
Grade 3Learn more about the grading system Features of this track
30min - 1hr
Quality of markings
Clearly sign posted
Short steep hills
Quality of path
Formed track, some obstacles
No experience required
Getting there and parking
Get driving directions
Browns Forest loop trail is in Dalrymple-Hay Nature Reserve. To get there from Sydney:
- Drive north from the CBD along Pacific Highway, turn right onto Mona Vale Road, just past Gordon, and continue for 2km.
- Turn right onto Rosedale Road, just north of St Ives shopping centre, and drive for 1km.
- Look for the sign to the reserve, park at the southern end and walk in.
Park entry points
- Rosedale Road See on map
Parking is available along Rosedale Road, and at a small carpark off Mona Vale Road.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Dalrymple-Hay National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
Autumn is a great time of year to view the abundant birdlife such as pardalotes, lorikeets and silver-eyes.
A great time for a walking through the forest as native flowers, such as the blue flax lily and a range of orchids, burst with colour.
On a hot Sydney afternoon, retreat to the cool forest with an understorey of lush ferns.
A brisk early morning walk along the short steep track is a great way to get your heart pumping and ward off the winter chill.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
17.5°C and 25.9°C
8°C and 17.8°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - no wheelchair access
- Lane Cove National Park Office
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 4pm.
- 02 8448 0400
- Lane Cove National Park, 2 Max Allen Road Lindfield NSW 2070