Boyds Tower walking track
Ben Boyd National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Boyds Tower walking track.
Grade 2Learn more about the grading system Features of this track
15 - 45min
Quality of markings
Clearly sign posted
Quality of path
No experience required
Getting there and parking
Get driving directions
Boyds Tower walking track is in the southern section of Ben Boyd National Park. To get there:
- Travel south from Eden on the Princes Highway for 18km, before turning off at Edrom Road
- Approximately 15km along Eldrom Road, look for the signposted turn off to the right.
- Boyds Tower is at the end of this 1.5km road
Park entry points
- Boyd's Tower picnic area See on map
Parking is available at Boyds Tower walking track.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Ben Boyd National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
Camp at Bittangabee Beach campground and see lyrebirds performing their characteristic dance and tail display.
Visit Green Cape Lighthouse or Boyds Tower to spot whales migrating south to their Antarctic feeding grounds - you might even see females with young calves.
Plan a camping trip to Saltwater Creek - to enjoy the lagoons and beautiful surf beach.
Take the Light to Light walk when it's nice and cool and the banksias are in bloom.
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - medium
Assistance may be required to access this area
- There is wheelchair access to the viewing platform looking north over Twofold Bay.
- in Ben Boyd National Park in the South Coast region
Ben Boyd National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day applies in the southern section of the park (south of Eden). There is no park entry fee for the northern section of the park (north of Eden). The park uses a self-registration fee collection system. Please bring correct change.Buy an annual pass.
02 6495 5000
Contact hours: Monday to Friday and some weekends during peak holiday periods, 10am to 3pm.
- Corner Sapphire Coast and Merimbula Drives, Merimbula NSW
- Email: FSCR@environment.nsw.gov.au
Fax: 02 6495 5055