Boyds Tower to Saltwater Creek walking track
Green Cape area in Ben Boyd National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Boyds Tower to Saltwater Creek walking track.
Grade 4Learn more about the grading system Features of this track
4hrs 30min - 5hrs 30min
Quality of markings
Quality of path
Rough track, many obstacles
No experience required
Getting there and parking
Get driving directions
Boyds Tower to Saltwater Creek walking track is in the southern precinct of Ben Boyd National Park. To get there:
- Travel south of Eden for 18km along Princes Highway, then turn left on Edrom Road and follow it for 15km.
- Turn right onto the unsealed Boyds Tower Road, and follow it 1km to the carpark.
- Alternatively, to start at Saltwater Creek, take the unsealed Green Cape Road, which is a right turn on Edrom Road after 6km.
Park entry points
- Boyd's Tower picnic area See on map
Parking is available at Boyds Tower and Saltwater Creek. Please note, there's a fee to use this park and a valid sticker should be visible on any vehicle inside the park boundaries.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Ben Boyd National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
Camp at Bittangabee Beach campground and see lyrebirds performing their characteristic dance and tail display.
Visit Green Cape Lighthouse or Boyds Tower to spot whales migrating south to their Antarctic feeding grounds - you might even see females with young calves.
Plan a camping trip to Saltwater Creek - to enjoy the lagoons and beautiful surf beach.
Take the Light to Light walk when it's nice and cool and the banksias are in bloom.
Maps and downloads
- Merimbula office
- Monday to Friday and some weekends during peak holiday periods, 10am to 3pm.
- 02 6495 5000
- 47 Merimbula Drive, cnr Sapphire Coast Drive, Merimbula NSW 2548