Box Ridge walking track
Cascade National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Box Ridge walking track.
Grade 4Learn more about the grading system Features of this track
30min - 1hr
Quality of markings
Quality of path
Rough track, many obstacles
Some bushwalking experience recommended
Getting there and parking
Get driving directions
Box Ridge walking track is in the northern precinct of Cascade National Park. To get there:
- From Dorrigo, travel 15km north to the village of Cascade.
- At the T-intersection in Cascade, turn left onto Moses Rock Road. There’s an information shelter 100m along on the right.
- About 800m west of the shelter, the beginning of Box Ridge walking track is signposted.
Parking is available near the Cascade information shelter.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Cascade National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
Mild conditions are great for walking, and you'll see brightly coloured fungi everywhere.
Conditions are dry and perfect for mountain biking through the forests.
The wettest time of the year and a great opportunity to see the rainforest at its best, with fungi and fruits on show.
It's cool, but rug up for walks through the misty rainforest with hardly anyone else around.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
17°C and 29°C
5°C and 22°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
Maps and downloads
- Dorrigo Rainforest Centre
- 9am to 4.30pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 6657 5913
- 142 Dome Road Dorrigo Mountain NSW 2453