Bouddi coastal walk
Bouddi National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Bouddi coastal walk.
Grade 3Learn more about the grading system Features of this track
3hrs 30min - 4hrs 30min
Quality of markings
Clearly sign posted
Short steep hills
Quality of path
Formed track, some obstacles
No experience required
Getting there and parking
Get driving directions
Bouddi coastal walk begins at Putty Beach picnic area, located in the Putty Beach precinct of Bouddi National Park.
To get there:
- Turn into Wards Hill Road at Empire Bay
- Turn right into The Scenic Road at Killcare Heights
- Turn left into Putty Beach Road and continue past the campground to the picnic area
- The walk commences approx 300m away at the eastern end of Putty Beach
Park entry points
Parking is available at Putty Beach picnic area.
Best times to visit
Take the Bouddi Coastal walk to be amazed by the colourful wildflowers on display in spring.
Cool off with a dip at one the park's gorgeous beaches or try snorkelling at Maitland Bay Surf the popular coastline between MacMasters Beach and Box Head .
Grab the camera and spot humpback whales as they migrate north between May and July.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
20°C and 26°C
9°C and 17°C
January to March
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
Maps and downloads
- Girrakool office
- Monday to Friday, hours vary.
- 02 4320 4200
- 59 Girrakool Rd, Somersby, NSW 2250
- in Bouddi National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Bouddi National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day in the Putty Beach precinct. The park has coin-operated pay and display machines - please bring correct coins.Buy annual pass