Willi Willi National Park
A short stroll not far from Wauchope, Botanic walk heads through World Heritage rainforest and is great for birdwatching and relaxing with the family over a picnic.
- Willi Willi National Park
- 0.3km one-way
- Time suggested
- 15 - 30min
- Grade 5
- What to
- Drinking water, hat, sunscreen, suitable clothing
- Please note
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to birdwatch
- Check the weather before you set out as the road to Wilson River picnic area can become boggy when it rains
- This park is in a remote location, so please ensure you’re well-prepared and bring appropriate clothing and equipment.
- There is limited/no mobile reception in this park
Botanic walk is a great way to discover the Gondwana Rainforests of Australia. You can learn the names of some unique trees and ferns on this short stroll across the Wilson River from the picnic area. Designed to bring people in close contact with the environment, it's the perfect place to stretch your legs on a Mid North Coast road trip. Don't be put off by the Grade 5 rating, it’s suitable for all level of adventurers, especially small children or those who are less mobile.
Glossy green palms dominate the terrain, and the scent of cedar wood and yellow carabeen follow you as you make your way through an ever-changing display of vegetation and wildflowers. Prefer a more challenging walk? The equally beautiful Palm Grove walk and Waterfall walk also leave from Wilson River picnic area. Both take you through abundant forest characterised by the large buttressed trees, Bangalow palms, vines, birds nest ferns and staghorns.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Kempsey office
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6561 6700
- 247 Old Station Rd, Verges Creek NSW 2440
- in Willi Willi National Park in the North Coast and Country NSW regions
Willi Willi National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.