Bluff loop walking track
Bongil Bongil National Park
Ideal for school groups, Bluff loop walking track, in Bongil Bongil National Park, is a short easy walk offering Aboriginal Discovery tours, picnicking and koala spotting.
- Bongil Bongil National Park
- 2km loop
- Time suggested
- 45min - 1hr 15min
- Grade 2
- Please note
- Drinking water is limited or not available in this area, so it’s a good idea to bring your own.
- There is limited/no mobile reception in this park
- It’s a good idea to put sunscreen on before you set out and remember to take a hat
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to go birdwatching
Bluff loop walking track is a great track for kids or anyone keen to explore the lush, coastal forests of Bongil Bongil National Park. Beginning and ending at Tuckers Rocks, the track offers access to the lookout overlooking Bundageree Creek. Enjoy lunch at Bluff loop picnic area or pick a spot along the track.
Bluff loop walking track winds through dense jungle of vines, palms and rainforest trees in the more protected area behind the sand dunes. Up on the ridge, you’ll discover an astonishing range of eucalypt species including forest red gum, red mahogany and pink bloodwood. Stop and enjoy the refreshing ocean breeze as you look for koalas in the tree tops.
Through our NSW Discovery program, school groups are guided along this track, sharing the history and culture of Gumbaynggirr People from this area.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- Coffs Harbour office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6652 0900
- 32 Marina Drive, Coffs Harbour NSW 2450
- in Bongil Bongil National Park in the North Coast region
Bongil Bongil National Park is open sunrise to sunset but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.