Biruu gaba lookout walking track
Deriah Aboriginal Area
All the practical information you need to know about Biruu gaba lookout walking track.
Grade 3Learn more about the grading system Features of this track
15 - 30min
Quality of markings
Clearly sign posted
Short steep hills
Quality of path
Formed track, some obstacles
No experience required
Getting there and parking
Biruu gaba lookout walking track is in Deriah Aboriginal Area and located on Carinya Road.
To get there from Narrabri:
- Drive south-east along Old Gunnedah Road for 3km, then turn left onto Kaputar Road.
- After 9km, turn right onto Eulah Creek Road and continue for 5km until you reach the unsealed section.
- Follow the unsealed section of Eulah Creek Road for 6km, past the olive farm, before turning right onto Carinya Road.
- Follow this route up the hill to enter Deriah Aboriginal Area
- After 1km you'll see the information bay on the left
- From the information bay, travel east along Carinya Road for 2.5km, passing Wagun picnic area on your right.
Check the weather before you set out as the road to Biruu gaba lookout walking track can become boggy when it rains.
- Mixture of sealed and unsealed roads
- All roads require 4WD vehicle
- Dry weather only
Parking is available on Carinya Road, a short walk from Biruu gaba lookout walking track at the top of the hill on your right.
Bus parking is available (one small bus).
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Deriah Aboriginal Area. Here are some of the highlights.
Enjoy bushwalking or mountain biking along the area's roads and trails.
A spectacular time to enjoy the activities of the area's abundant birdlife and wildlife.
Escape the heat of the plains in the dry rainforest, where you can enjoy bushwalking and picnicking as well as a range of cultural activities.
Soak up the sun while enjoying a picnic and take advantage of the scenic views available on a clear winter day.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
19.4°C and 35.3°C
3.4°C and 17°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
Drinking water is not available in this area, so it’s a good idea to bring your own.
Maps and downloads
- Narrabri office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6792 7300
- Level 1, 100 Maitland Street, Narrabri NSW 2390. Accessible via Dewhurst Street.