Kurnell area in Kamay Botany Bay National Park
The Banks-Solander track is an easy walk in Kamay Botany Bay National Park at Kurnell in Sydney's south. It showcases many native plants recorded by Captain Cook's botanists.
- Kurnell area in Kamay Botany Bay National Park
- 0.7km loop
- Time suggested
- 15 - 30min
- Grade 2
- Entry fees
- Park entry fees apply
- Opening times
If you're driving into the Kurnell area of Kamay Botany Bay National Park please note that gates are open:
- 7am-7.30pm (August to May)
- 7am-5.30pm (June to July)
- Please note
- Banks-Solander track links to Cape Baily track and Yena trail if you feel like a longer walk.
Banks-Solander track highlights the important botanical value of Kamay Botany Bay National Park.
Many of Australia’s plants were first collected and described in the area by Cook's botanists, Joseph Banks and Daniel Solander, in 1770. The track features informative panels showcasing numerous plant types that fascinated Banks and Solander more than 240 years ago.
Banks-Solander track is a self-guided walk, so you can take as long as you like to complete it. It branches off from Yena trail, so continue on if you prefer a longer walk.
Take a virtual tour of Banks-Solander track, captured with Google Street View Trekker.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- 02 9585 6831
- Kurnell Visitor Centre
- Monday to Friday, 10am to 3.30pm. Saturday, Sunday and public holidays, 9.30am to 4pm. Closed Christmas holiday.
- 02 9668 2010
- 21 Cape Solander Drive, Kurnell NSW 2231
- in the Kurnell area of Kamay Botany Bay National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
7am–7.30pm August to May. 7am–5.30pm June to July.
Areas may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day applies in the Kurnell area only. The park has coin-operated pay and display machines - please bring correct coins. The park also has credit card accepting payment facilities.Buy annual pass