Bald Hill walking track
Hill End Historic Site
All the practical information you need to know about Bald Hill walking track.
Grade 3Learn more about the grading system Features of this track
1hr 30min - 2hrs 30min
Quality of markings
Clearly sign posted
Short steep hills
Quality of path
Formed track, some obstacles
No experience required
Getting there and parking
Bald Hill walking track is in the southern precinct of Hill End Historic Site. To get there:
- Continue driving on Hill End Road to the township, where it becomes Beyers Avenue.
- At the fork in the road, veer left onto Denison Street.
- Turn right onto Tambaroora Street
- Drive to the end and look for the sign near the post office
Parking is available either in the village or at Bald Hill Mine. Bus parking is also available.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Hill End Historic Site. Here are some of the highlights.
With sunny, dry days and crisp evenings, it's a great time of year for a camping holiday at Hill End – head to the Village campground or the larger Glendora campground. You could even sign up as a campground host.
Flowers are at their best this time of the year - enjoy cherry blossoms and blooms in the historic cottage gardens.
The winter light is renowned among artists and photographers - you may even get some shots of snow .
Weather, temperature and rainfall
15°C and 27°C
1°C and 15°C
April and May
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
Drinking water may not be available in this area, so it’s a good idea to bring your own.
Maps and downloads
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.
- Hill End Historic Site office
- Monday to Friday, 8am to 4pm. Closed weekends and public holidays.
- 02 6370 9050
- 5 Beyers Avenue, Hill End NSW 2850