Wangi Point bushcare
Lake Macquarie State Conservation Area
All the practical information you need to know about Wangi Point bushcare.
Getting there and parking
Get driving directions
For Morisset Park, Myuna Bay and Wangi Wangi:
- Take the F3 motorway south from Newcastle or north from Sydney and the Central Coast, and take the Morisset/Mandalong Road exit.
- For Morisset Park, turn right at Fishery Point Road and continue along the road as it becomes Morisset Park Road until you reach Lake Macquarie State Conservation Area.
- For Myuna Bay and Wangi Wangi, take Mandalong Road through Morisset as it becomes Dora Street, then Macquarie Street. The road will become Wangi Road as you cross Dora Creek. Follow it along until you reach Myuna Bay.
- For Wangi Wangi, continue through Myuna Bay and take the Summerhill Drive turn-off, turning right at Dobell Drive.
For Chain Valley Bay and Crangan Bay:
- Take Link Road off the F3, just north of Warnervale. This becomes Pacific Highway.
- For Chain Valley Way, turn left at Doyalson North onto Tall Timbers Road.
- For Crangan Bay, continue north along Pacific Highway. When you reach Crangan Bay, you can walk along the fire trails into the bush.
For Bolton Point (Awaba Bay):
- Take the Cessnock Road exit off the F3 towards Awaba and Toronto
- Continue along the road as it becomes Awaba Road
- Turn left at Carey Street in Toronto to cross the water
- Turn right along Bay Road, which loops around the point to Lake Macquarie State Conservation Area.
For Point Wolstoncroft:
- Access to Point Wolstoncroft is by boat to the headland or via the Sport and Recreation Centre (you are requested to call the centre on phone 1800 819 244 or 4976 1666 before entry).