Pittwater Bush regeneration
Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park
Volunteer for 2 mornings of bush regeneration at Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park, only minutes from Sydney’s Northern Beaches. Enjoy a beautiful bush retreat while helping to remove weeds and protect the biodiversity of local native spotted gum forest.
- Bush regeneration, weed and pest management
Occurs twice yearly.
- Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park
$20 per person ($50 non-refundable booking fee on registration, with a $30 refund on arrival). Includes food, activities and Friday and Saturday night accommodation.
How would you like a weekend away in Sydney’s north, surrounded by fantastic scenery and native Australian animals in Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park? Volunteer here for 2 mornings, helping remove invasive asparagus fern that threatens native spotted gum forest, and you’ll receive:
- 2 nights accommodation at Pittwater YHA hostel
- 2 evening meals, 2 barbecue lunches, 2 morning teas.
- Free bushwalks and talks in the national park
- Use of the YHA's kayaks to paddle around the calm bays of Pittwater
You can also choose to come for just 1 morning and enjoy a morning tea, barbecue lunch and kayak.
Pittwater YHA hostel is located in Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park, only 20km north of the Sydney CBD. Here, you can enjoy beautiful scenery, waterways, walking tracks, mountain biking trails, and significant Aboriginal sites.
Bring along towels, 2 sheets, a pillow case and your weekend breakfasts when you volunteer.
- in Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park is open sunrise to sunset but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
- The entrance to Bobbin Head and Appletree Bay is closed from 8pm to 6am during daylight savings periods, and from 5.30pm to 6am the rest of the year.
- Gates to West Head are closed from 8.30pm to 6am during daylight savings periods, and from 6pm to 6am the rest of the year.
Park entry fees:
$12 per vehicle per day.
Vehicles over 8 seats: $4.40 per adult, $2.20 per child (per day). Students on educational programs: $1.10 per student. Teachers/educational supervisors: free (1 adult per 10 students).Buy annual pass