Cape Byron Lighthouse Friends
Cape Byron State Conservation Area
All the practical information you need to know about Cape Byron Lighthouse Friends.
Getting there and parking
Cape Byron Lighthouse is 2km east of the Byron Bay town centre. To get there, take Lawson Street (which becomes Lighthouse Road) and follow it to the lighthouse.
- Sealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
Parking is available at Cape Byron Lighthouse.
Check out the Bicycle information for NSW website for more information.
By public transport
For information about public transport options, visit the NSW country transport info website.
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - medium
Assistance may be required to access this area.
Cape Byron Lighthouse is not accessible, however the area outside the lighthouse is flat.
- in Cape Byron State Conservation Area in the North Coast region
- Cape Byron State Conservation Area is open all hours, but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
- Cape Byron Lighthouse lawn is open 8am to sunset.
- The Maritime Museum in the former Lighthouse Keeper’s office at the base of the lighthouse is open 10am to 4pm daily.
- Opening before 8am for events or disabled access can be arranged by prior notice – contact NPWS Byron Bay office during business hours 02 6639 8300.
Park entry fees:
Cape Byron Lighthouse lawn and Information Centre: $8 per vehicle per hour/$4 per hour motorcycles. Maximum 1 hour per vehicle per calendar day, including all NPWS annual passholders.
Captain Cook lookout, Cosy Corner, and The Pass: $4 per vehicle/motorcycle per hour. Pay machines - cash and credit cards accepted.
Coach entry: $30 per coach up to 30 seats; $57 per coach 31 to 43 seats; $94 per coach 44 seats and over.Buy annual pass
Cape Byron Information Centre
199 Lighthouse Road, Byron Bay NSW 2481
- 9.30am to 4.30pm daily. Closed Christmas Day
- 02 6639 8300