Minnamurra Rainforest Centre
Budderoo National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Minnamurra Rainforest Centre.
Getting there and parking
Minnamurra Rainforest Centre is located in the foothills of Jamberoo Valley, west of Kiama on the NSW South Coast. To get there from Jamberoo, drive west on Jamberoo Road and turn left onto Jamberoo Mountain Road. Take the first right onto Minnamurra Falls Road, and you’ll find Minnamurra Rainforest Centre about 3km along to the end of the road.
- Sealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
Car and bus parking is available at Minnamurra Rainforest Centre, including designated disabled spots.
Note that coach bookings are essential prior to arrival.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Budderoo National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
Visit between April and August and you may be treated to the spectacular sight of a male lyrebird displaying for a female during the breeding season The park's waterfalls are at their best during the higher rainfall months of late summer and early autumn Don't be deterred by a bit of wet weather either – the rainforest comes alive in the rain, with the earthy smell of the leaf litter, the calls of the lyrebirds, the rain dripping off leaves and the sound of the river all making for a truly magical environment .
Enjoy a walk or cycle through the open forest, woodland and heath along the Budderoo track for a good chance to see wildflowers in late winter and spring.
During the summer months, the canopy of the rainforest acts as a natural sunscreen, filtering out approximately 75 per cent of direct sunlight. The cooler yet humid air makes it an ideal environment to escape the harsh summer sun.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
17°C and 26°C
8°C and 17°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
- Flush toilets
- Gas/electric barbecues (free)
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - hard
- While construction of a new visitor centre is underway, access to this area is difficult
- The picnic area, cafe and first 500m of the loop walk are wheelchair-accessible with assistance
- There are some uphill slopes to access these areas that are wheelchair-accessible with assistance
- Disabled parking spots are available
- Wheelchair access toilets are available
- Minnamurra Rainforest Centre
- 9am to 5pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 4236 0469
- 345 Minnamurra Falls Road, Jamberoo NSW 2533
- in Budderoo National Park in the South Coast and Country NSW regions
Budderoo National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger. The park gates at Minnamurra Rainforest Centre open at 9am and close at 5pm every day.
Park entry fees:
$12 per vehicle per day (Minnamurra Rainforest area only). Bus or taxi: $4.40 per adult and $2.20 per child.Buy annual pass