Hartley Historic Site Visitor Centre
Hartley Historic Site
All the practical information you need to know about Hartley Historic Site Visitor Centre.
Getting there and parking
On entering Hartley Historic Site:
- Hartley Historic Site Visitor Centre is on Old Bathurst Road, opposite Hartley Courthouse and next to St Bernard’s Church.
- Sealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
Street parking is available close to Hartley Historic Site Visitor Centre. Bus parking is available.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you at Hartley Historic Site. Here are some of the highlights.
Enjoy the village as the days grow warmer and the trees are in blossom.
Bring the kids in the school holidays and step inside the amazing coolness of Hartley Courthouse, with its thick sandstone walls.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
12°C and 25°C
1°C and 13°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
- Flush toilets
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - medium
Assistance may be required to access this area. Wheelchair-users can enter via back door with assistance.
- Dogs are permitted in Hartley Historic Site, but you’ll need to keep them on a leash at all times.
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.
- Hartley Visitor Centre
- 10am to 4.20pm daily. Closed Mondays, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
- 02 6355 2117
- Farmers Inn, 51 Old Great Western Highway, Hartley 2790
- in Hartley Historic Site in the Sydney and surrounds region
Hartley Historic Site is open every day but may have to close at times due to fire danger or school bookings.
Hartley Historic Site Visitor Centre is open Tuesday to Sunday, 10am to 1pm and 2pm to 4.20pm.