Blue Mountains Heritage Centre
Blackheath area in Blue Mountains National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Blue Mountains Heritage Centre.
Getting there and parking
Blue Mountains Heritage Centre is in the Blackheath area of Blue Mountains National Park.
To get there from Sydney:
- Turn right off Great Western Highway, at Blackheath traffic lights, into Govetts Leap Road.
- Drive for 2.5km. After passing through the park entrance, take the second exit from the roundabout.
- Sealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
Parking is available at Blue Mountains Heritage Centre, including several designated disabled spots. Bus parking is available. Coach parking is available for groups.
By public transport
The visitor centre is around 3km from Blackheath train station. It's a 30min walk via Govetts Leap Road, or take bus 698 to the visitor centre. Visit transportnsw.info for timetables.
Picnic facilities are located at nearby Govetts Leap lookout.
- Flush toilets
Tap water and bottled water for sale in visitor centre
- Wireless internet (free)
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - easy
- This area is fully wheelchair-accessible
- There’s a ramp from the carpark to the centre
- The centre’s toilets have been specially designed for wheelchair access
- Blue Mountains Heritage Centre and Blackheath office
- 9am to 4.30pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 4787 8877
- 270 Govetts Leap Road, Blackheath NSW 2785
- in the Blackheath area of Blue Mountains National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Blackheath area is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.