Mimosa Rocks National Park
A short and easy walking track descends steeply to the secluded beach at Moon Bay in Mimosa Rocks National Park. Enjoy a picnic on the sand and explore the historic heritage of the area.
- Mimosa Rocks National Park in South Coast
- What to
- Hat, sunscreen, drinking water
- Please note
- The walking track from the carpark to Moon Bay is about 250m
- Remember to take binoculars if you want to bird watch
Upon reaching the sandy and secluded Moon Bay, you’re bound to think the steep walk back will be worth it.
Kick off your shoes to feel the sand between your toes or dip them in the cool water. If you’re interested in fishing, bring along your gear – it’s a great spot to drop a line or catch a wave.
Spend some time exploring the historic artefacts in the area – you might notice rusted stubs of mooring rings and grooves cut into the cliffs – the remains of the log slide and mooring site where timber and farm products were loaded onto barges for transfer to ships.
Be sure to take along a picnic to enjoy in the sun’s warm rays or under the shade of a tree. If you feel like a walk after lunch, try Wajurda Point walking track.
Google Street View Trekker
Using Google Street View Trekker, we've captured imagery across a range of NSW national parks and attractions. Get a bird's eye view of these incredible landscapes before setting off on your own adventure.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Narooma office
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 4pm. Office open by appointment only. Closed public holidays.
- 02 4476 0800
- 10 Graham Street, Narooma NSW 2546
- in Mimosa Rocks National Park in the South Coast region
Mimosa Rocks National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Things to do (24)
- Aboriginal culture (2)
- Beach (1)
- Birdwatching and wildlife encounters (11)
- Canoeing/paddling (4)
- Environmental appreciation/study (4)
- Fishing (6)
- Historic heritage (1)
- Photography (1)
- Picnics and barbecues (8)
- Sailing, boating and cruises (1)
- Sightseeing (9)
- Surfing (2)
- Swimming (5)
- Walking (8)
- Waterfalls (2)