Pambula-Haycock area in Beowa National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Barmouth Beach.
Getting there and parking
Get driving directions
Barmouth Beach is in the Haycock Road precinct of Beowa National Park. To get there:
- Follow Princes Highway south of Pambula
- Turn left at Haycock Point Road
- Turn left at the Barmouth Beach access road; you’ll see a sign.
- A short path with steps takes you from the carpark down to the beach
- Unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
Parking is available at Barmouth Beach.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Beowa National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
Camp at Bittangabee Beach campground and see lyrebirds performing their characteristic dance and tail display.
Visit Green Cape Lighthouse or Boyds Tower to spot whales migrating south to their Antarctic feeding grounds - you might even see females with young calves.
Plan a camping trip to Saltwater Creek - to enjoy the lagoons and beautiful surf beach.
Take the Light to Light walk when it's nice and cool and the banksias are in bloom.
Maps and downloads
A current NSW recreational fishing licence is required when fishing in all waters.
- Merimbula office
- Monday to Friday and some weekends during peak holiday periods, 10am to 3pm.
- 02 6495 5000
- 47 Merimbula Drive, cnr Sapphire Coast Drive, Merimbula NSW 2548