Mimosa Rocks National Park
Take the easy walk along sandy dunes to Nelson Beach in Mimosa Rocks National Park. Enjoy a spot of surfing or fishing, before setting up for a picnic on the beach.
- Mimosa Rocks National Park in South Coast
- What to
- Hat, drinking water, sunscreen
- Please note
- It’s an easy 100m walk from the carpark to the Nelson Beach
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to bird watch
It’s a short and easy walk along the dunes to Nelson Beach – stay for a moment to enjoy the spectacular view of the glistening aqua-blue waters, or take a picnic and find the perfect spot to relax.
Be sure to take your camera along – the views are worth a picture and if you’re quick, you may be able to snap some of the local wildlife in a photo. Nelson Beach is great for surfers, protected from north and south winds, it offers breaks over
For surfers, Nelson Beach offers breaks over the beach and the inlet shoals, and it is protected from north and south winds.
Return to the carpark on the walking track, or walk the length of the beach to Nelson lagoon and return via the walking track from Nelson Lagoon.
Using Google Street View Trekker, we've captured imagery across a range of NSW national parks and attractions. Get a bird's eye view of these incredible landscapes before setting off on your own adventure.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Narooma office
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 4pm. Office open by appointment only. Closed public holidays.
- 02 4476 0800
- 10 Graham Street, Narooma NSW 2546
- in Mimosa Rocks National Park in the South Coast region
Mimosa Rocks National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.