Bongil Bongil National Park
Bongil Beach, in Bongil Bongil National Park near Coffs Harbour, is a remote beach ideal for walking and fishing offering scenic coastal views and birdwatching.
- Bongil Bongil National Park
- What to
- Drinking water, sunscreen, hat
- Please note
- Drinking water is limited in this area, so it’s a good idea to bring your own.
- Beach driving is possible with a permit as far as the southern side of Bundagen Head on North Beach. From that point, it’s walking only.
- The weather in the area can be extreme and unpredictable, so please ensure you’re well-prepared for your visit.
- There's limited mobile reception in this park
If you love walking along wild and untamed beaches, then Bongil Beach in Bongil Bongil National Park is the place to be. Nestled between Bongil picnic area in the north and Bundagen Headland to the south, it's ideal for nature-lovers who want a remote nature experience and enjoy some birdwatching.
South of Coffs Harbour near Sawtell, you’ll have to walk in to Bongil Beach. You might see seasoned surfers, and it's a popular spot with the locals for beach fishing. But with 7km of golden sand and unspoilt coastline to go around, you won't feel crowded in.
Keep your eye on the waves, as you might see dolphins and, on shore along the dunes, the bright pink flowers of the succulent pigface are sure to catch your attention. Look out for shorebirds such as little terns, red-capped plover and pied oystercatchers scurrying across the sand.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
Saving our Species is an innovative conservation program in NSW. This program aims to secure as many threatened species that can be secured in the wild as possible, for the next 100 years.
- in Bongil Bongil National Park in the North Coast region
Bongil Bongil National Park is open sunrise to sunset but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
- Coffs Harbour office
02 6652 0900
Contact hours: Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 32 Marina Drive, Coffs Harbour NSW 2450
- Email: email@example.com
- Coffs Harbour office