Bongil Bongil National Park
Bongil Beach, in Bongil Bongil National Park near Coffs Harbour, is a remote beach ideal for walking and fishing offering scenic coastal views and birdwatching.
- Bongil Bongil National Park
- What to
- Drinking water, sunscreen, hat
- Please note
- Drinking water is limited in this area, so it’s a good idea to bring your own.
- Beach driving is possible with a permit as far as the southern side of Bundagen Head on North Beach. From that point, it’s walking only.
- The weather in the area can be extreme and unpredictable, so please ensure you’re well-prepared for your visit.
- There's limited mobile reception in this park
If you love walking along wild and untamed beaches, then Bongil Beach in Bongil Bongil National Park is the place to be. Nestled between Bongil picnic area in the north and Bundagen Headland to the south, it's ideal for nature-lovers who want a remote nature experience and enjoy some birdwatching.
South of Coffs Harbour near Sawtell, you’ll have to walk in to Bongil Beach. You might see seasoned surfers, and it's a popular spot with the locals for beach fishing. But with 7km of golden sand and unspoilt coastline to go around, you won't feel crowded in.
Keep your eye on the waves, as you might see dolphins and, on shore along the dunes, the bright pink flowers of the succulent pigface are sure to catch your attention. Look out for shorebirds such as little terns, red-capped plover and pied oystercatchers scurrying across the sand.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Coffs Harbour office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6652 0900
- 32 Marina Drive, Coffs Harbour NSW 2450
- in Bongil Bongil National Park in the North Coast region
Bongil Bongil National Park is open from 7am to 8pm during daylight savings and 7am to 6pm rest of year.