Bongil Bongil National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Bongil Beach.
Getting there and parking
Get driving directions
Bongil Beach is on the eastern edge of Bongil Bongil National Park. There are four options for getting there:
- Park at the eastern end of School Road and walk 1km from the locked gate, along Palm Crossing trail, to reach the beach.
- Park at the eastern end of OVerhead bridge Road and walk 1.5km from the locked gate, along Bongil Beach trail, to reach the beach.
- If you intend to cross the waist-deep water of Bonville Creek estuary from Sawtell, take extreme care, and only cross at low tide.
- You can also walk to Bongil Beach from Bundagen Head, near Mylestom.
Park entry points
- Sawtell Headland See on map
- Unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
Parking is available at numerous locations within southern Sawtell.
Maps and downloads
Fees and passes
A beach driving permit is required to drive on Bongil Beach. NSW National Parks annual passes do not cover beach permit fees.
Permits are $10 per vehicle. Available from the Mylestom Store, 16 George Street, Mylestom. Open daily 7.30am to 5pm. Phone 02 6655 4203.
Beach driving at Bongil Beach is possible with a permit as far as the southern side of Bundagen Head on North Beach. From that point, it’s walking only. NSW National Parks annual passes do not cover beach permit fees.
A current NSW recreational fishing licence is required when fishing in all waters.
- Coffs Harbour office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6652 0900
- 4/32 Edgar St, Coffs Harbour NSW 2450